Dear DDW Family,
We hope this letter finds you and your family well. Our community and our world have been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. We are happy to announce that we will be re-opening our office on Monday, May 18. And we can’t wait to see you again!
During the many weeks of closure, our staff has been diligently researching and brainstorming ways to make the transition back as seamless as possible. We are doing everything we can out of an abundance of concern for the health of our team members, our patients, and our community. While many things have changed during this time, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. We are excited to share the latest updates with you.
It is essential to stay on top of your dental health and overall well-being during these uncertain times. Costly and untimely emergency visits can be avoided with regular maintenance and preventive care. Appointments are filling up fast as we are working hard to get the backlog of cancelled appointments scheduled. We thank you for your patience.
SCHEDULING YOUR APPOINTMENT
Now, more than ever, we are recommending you bundle your appointments for increased efficiency. By combining multiple visits, you can complete timely treatment that will offer peace of mind should another shutdown occur.
Here are some recommendations when making your dental appointment:
Family Appointments – Family members can make their appointments together so you all are the only ones in the office during your visit. Schedule now for private appointments.
Student Appointments – Take advantage of your kids being home, big or small. With lighter schedules, now’s the perfect time to get their routine dental checks done.
V.I.P. Appointments – Be sure to mention when you call if you are a V.I.P. This stands for “Vulnerable, Immune-compromised or care Provider”. The first appointments of the day will be given priority to VIP patients to ensure their safety.
Bundled Appointments – If you have any delayed treatment, and now it’s time for your dental cleaning, combine multiple appointments so you can make just one trip. It is more efficient and allows for less visits.
Whitening Appointments – Make sure you have a brighter smile for your Zoom calls. Does all this staying at home have your smile looking a bit dingy? Consider setting up a whitening treatment right after your cleaning so you can walk out with a cleaner, healthier and brighter smile in one visit.
*** NEW UPDATES AT DALLAS DENTAL WELLNESS ***
As usual, we will try our best to make your visit as safe and comfortable as possible. You will notice some new things happening, and if you have any questions, please let us know. Here are ways we are being proactive:
PRIOR TO YOUR APPOINTMENT
- We are pre-screening patients on the phone/email for any COVID-19 symptoms and exposure prior to scheduling appointments. If you have any YES answers, please let us know.
- When you confirm your appointment, you will be asked the same questions. Please notify us if there are any YES answers. If not, you will sign the new consent form called: COVID-19 PATIENT DISCLOSURES and CONSENT.
Here are the screening questions:
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19?
- Have you been tested for COVID-19 and are awaiting results?
- Do you have any of the following respiratory symptoms? Fever, Sore Throat, Cough, Shortness of Breath?
- Have you recently lost your sense of smell or taste?
- Do you have any GI symptoms? Diarrhea? Nausea?
- Even if you do not currently have any of the above symptoms, have you experienced any of these symptoms in the last 14 days?
- Have you been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
- Have you traveled outside the United States by air or cruise ship in the past 14 days?
- Have you traveled within the United States by air, bus or train within the past 14 days?
DAY OF APPOINTMENT
- Please limit the number of companions to our office.
- Bring a face mask (cloth is fine). We are asking patients to wear masks while entering and leaving our office (if you are able).
- As usual, enter your license plate and provided parking code into the parking kiosk located on the ground floor of the parking garage, near the elevator. No need to place the receipt back in your car…just come on up to the office.
- Upon arrival, you will be provided hand sanitizer and your temperature will be taken.
- You will be asked if you have been feeling well and if there are any updates to the COVID-19 screening questions.
- You will swish with a hydrogen peroxide rinse to decrease the microbial load prior to all procedures.
- We will be wearing face shields, head covers, eye protection, gloves and full-length gowns and N95 masks or their equivalents.
- We are checking patients out and scheduling their next visits in the back so you can just walk out when you’re done.
ADDITIONAL SAFETY MEASURES
- We are taking temperatures of our team members twice a day.
- We are screening employees before arriving of any COVID-19 symptoms and not allowing them to come to work if any positive signs.
- Friendly staff faces will be wearing masks, even in the front of the office for your protection.
- We are disinfecting all common areas more frequently and more constantly throughout the day – reception area, bathroom, door handles, counters, pens and other common surfaces.
- We will have air filtration systems in the treatment rooms and common areas that are cleaning and scrubbing the air all day.
- We have decreased the number of patients and staggered the schedule to minimize exposure.
- We have added extra disinfection techniques and protocol for our entire office.
Need any dental products to keep your mouth healthy? We are here to help. Email us and we can arrange contactless pickup or local delivery.
To show our commitment to you, we have decided not to charge a “PPE fee” despite the additional costs we have incurred to procure the upgraded PPE and safety measures. Also, patients who prefer to postpone any dental appointments can do so with no cancellation fee.
We hope this helps to make you understand the lengths that we have gone through to make our patients, team members and the greater community as safe as we can and to show how much we care. Thank you for your confidence in us and your support for us even through these trying times. It is such an honor to care for your families and we are grateful to all of those who reached out to check on us!
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have. To schedule an appointment, please call our office at 214-396-7876, visit our website at DallasDentalWellness.com or email us at email@example.com.
Remember, prevention and regular maintenance are key to health and wellness. Combining appointments allows for increased efficiency and peace of mind. However, emergencies do happen and, if you have one, we will get you in.
Dr. Sarah Kong and Your DDW Team