Welcome to Dallas Dental Wellness! Healthy Smiles Grow Here!

Why is Oral Health Important?

Dentist in Dallas

Almost half of the American adults have gingivitis or gum disease. While the majority of Americans attend routine cleanings and go to dental visits, the numbers have remained stable for the last ten years. Only 65% of American adults go to the dentist, leaving behind a significant 35% of the population. Without proper oral health, these people can contract serious health complications.

Healthy teeth and gums are vital for general health and wellbeing. Bacteria that originates in the mouth has easy access to the bloodstream. If bacteria is left to fester in and around the teeth and gums, it can quickly pass through the blood and travel to other bodily systems. Respiratory infections, diabetes, fertility issues, heart disease, and cancer have all been linked to poor oral health.

To keep your gums and teeth healthy and to prevent serious health complications, you must practice good oral hygiene and visit your local Dallas dentist at Dallas Dental Wellness for regular cleanings and checkups. Gum disease caught in the very early stages can be reversed.
 
Here are some tips on oral health from your experienced dental professionals at Dallas Dental Wellness:

    • It all starts with the proper tools and cleaning techniques. Choose a medium to soft bristle toothbrush, and brush at least twice per day for two to three minutes each time. Brush in a circular motion, not straight across the tooth’s surface.
    • Flossing is just as important. It is important that people floss at least once per day.
    • Diet is also essential for good oral health. Cut out sugary drinks and snacks, and try not to consume a lot of soft, sticky foods or hard foods which can damage and crack teeth, giving bacteria an easy entry point to the bloodstream. Limit acidic beverages and foods, as these can wear down tooth enamel and cause decay.

 
The most important way to prevent dental issues is to visit the dentist at regular intervals. Dallas Dental Wellness is staffed with knowledgeable and caring dentists who can treat and reverse the effects of poor oral hygiene. Contact us today and set up an appointment to keep your teeth and gums (and the rest of you) healthy.

 

Sources:

https://www.perio.org/consumer/cdc-study.htm
https://news.gallup.com/poll/168716/one-third-americans-haven-visited-dentist-past-year.aspx

Flower